Thursday, October 9, 2008

blessings of a calling

I have really noticed since getting my new calling into the young women presidency for our ward the Lord's hand more present in my life. My fears that we would have yet another stressful night in our week when we are rushing to get homework, dinner and taking care of a family done before having to jet off to the church or some other activity have not materialized. Instead, I am filled with a calm and a peace on Wednesdays that I do not always possess. Dinner goes fine, and I seem to have plenty of time to get it cleaned up and get the family set before I need to leave. The time at the church to me flies (I remember being in a cub scout calling, and the time going SO slowly)...and I return home in time to help put the kids to bed. I really feel all these things are such a blessing to me and my family. If you would see some of our Tuesday and Thursday evenings with dream girls and soccer in stark contrast, you would understand my appreciation fuller. I have been blessed that this always happens to me when I am called to be in a Presidency. The Lord knows he asks a lot of us, but it is for the building up of His kingdom, and my family has been truly blessed when we serve.

3 comments:

Tearz said...

I can not get over how big the kids have gotten. And what happened to baby Sidney? I guess I've been gone too long. Can't wait to see you again and catch up. A playdate is in order! Cute blog! I'm adding you~

Angie Cheney said...

Thanks Tirzah! They keep growing and growing! I'm so excited you moved here! Did you guys all ready move in? Do you know what ward you'll be in? I'd love to get together too. Julie B. and I are going to a new MOPS in Brighton because the Howell ones aren't doing it this year (maybe in January). You should come. It's at Cornerstone Presb. off Hilton Rd.

Julie Barb said...

That is a good testimony that if we serve diligently in our callings, the Lord will take care of the rest....