Wednesday, December 10, 2008

India is amazing! And Max and Sidney too...

Okay, so lately we just can't believe our amazing daughter India! She came home today and said in the car that they had a spelling bee at school today. I was thinking of the right way to ask without making her feel bad if she didn't do that great...so I asked her how it went. She said, "I spelled all my words right, every one!" I said, "So, you were the last one? The Winner?" Then I asked if it was all the kids in her class, and she said it was both classes (her teacher team-teaches). And she won! She is just impressing us over and over this year. We are so proud of her.

Lately I've been feeling like poor Max and Sidney don't get enough time on the blog with all of India's accomplishments. So here's to the boys...Max is an amazing boy. He is so loving and caring and just special. His part in the Primary presentation this year was, "I am grateful to be part of a loving family." Well, Max really learned what this means and memorized it and now he's adding it to his prayers almost every time. "Heavenly Father, Thank you. Please bless us. I am grateful to be part of a loving family. We love you. Jesus' name, Amen." So precious. His good friend at school is Adam. I guess they talk about each other nonstop. He's growing up and will be 5 in exactly a month!

Sidney is a rambunctious 2-year-old. If Sidney was a first child, there might not have been more in our family. I've heard that a lot about 3rd children. But we love him dearly of course. He had to get a shot today, and he's been so brave at the Dr.'s office. Lately we love to listen to hear whatever Sidney says because he repeats what he hears right now. Today, Frank asked him if he wanted to watch some Dora on the wall (his favorite), and he held out both arms to his sides, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Sure!" :) He charmed the pediatrician today. Have I mentioned how much I love our pediatrician!!??? Her name is Shanti Rao. She's a U of M pediatrician out of the Brighton office. She is wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend her. Whenever we see anyone else, we regret it (except Dr. Madison--we like her too). We saw another Dr. for a sick visit because Dr. Rao was out of town a few weeks ago, and Sidney was so traumatized by it. Dr. Rao was so gentle with him today because she could tell how upset he was. He was walking down the hall saying, "OWIE, owie, owie."

We've had such amazing, never melting snow here. It's been awesome. We get a pretty new coat every few days so it's never dreary and ugly and melting. I think it's going to be a great Christmas!

I saw a report yesterday by the Census Bureau that says the State of Michigan has been in a recession for 8 years! EIGHT YEARS! This is not news to anyone who lives here. It is so bad here right now. The whole country is freaking out over a few months, and we've been living in it for 8 years!

No comments: