Sunday, November 1, 2009

Teaching Young Women

This was my week to teach all the young women in our ward. I always am so nervous to teach them! I fasted this morning, a new and great experience for me, so that I would have the Spirit help me know what to teach and so I would not be sick or have a vertigo attack (from my Meniere's Disease) while teaching, that I wouldn't be nervous or hot, all the things I worry about. It went well, and I wasn't hot or nervous, and I didn't feel sick or dizzy at all. Heavenly Father answers my prayers, no matter what it is I ask. I did have an attack shortly after lunch today, and I have been having a lot of them, and I was so grateful that Heavenly Father kept me safe for teaching. I have a real testimony of fasting and know it really does change things. There is real power in it. I taught about being clean and mostly taught about President Hinckley, who I love dearly.

Some quotes from my lesson:

--My favorite was from President Hinckley: "Walk in the sunlight of that peace which comes from obedience to the commandments of the Lord."

-“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” (Joshua 1:9). This is the new theme for the youth for 2010. It gives me great peace and lets me know the Lord is on my side! I have help!

- “One of the greatest weaknesses in most of us is our lack of faith in ourselves. One of our common failings is to depreciate our tremendous worth.” --L. Tom Perry

--“Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well...Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” --Isaiah 1:16–18

No comments: