Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Max's birthday party at McDonald's





I didn't get very many good pictures at Max's party. I think that was part chaos, part I need a new camera! My battery door won't stay quite closed enough, so you have to tape it or hold it (or usually both), but we are getting a new car right now, so a camera has to wait.

Max's party was really fun. I highly recommend McDonald's birthday parties. First of all, they are FREE FREE FREE. Secondly, you do not have to clean your house. Third, you have readily available cheap food that kids love with a special treat for every one. Fourth, free napkins, silverware, condiments, toys, garbage bags. Fifth, except for throwing things in the provided garbage cans, you don't have to clean up after the party either! Did I forget to mention the free entertainment of the play structure!? Anyway, here's one opening presents and one with the cake...a note about the cake...of course Max wanted his 5th Star Wars cake in a row, but NO ONE is doing them right now. I called everywhere. His 2nd choice was Incredible Hulk...also not available anywhere, so we went with Spiderman. He is very easy to please, thank goodness.

SO, did I mention we're getting a new car? It is a 2006 Buick Terrazza. We can't wait to pick it up. It has a DVD player in the back and remote start and lots of other fun, new things. Our Venture van is being traded in. It has almost 148000 miles on it. It's been a good van. We got it new, and it is over 8 years old! Max and I are a little sad about it, but only a little. Here's a picture:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Post! Congrats on your son's birthday and your new car!

Angie Cheney said...

Thanks Annj!

The Kennedys said...

Enjoy your new car! We can't live w/out the DVD!